Should I waste your time telling you about guest blogging, and its benefits? You didn’t come here looking for the basics of guest blogging. You came for answers, in search of tips and tricks regarding guest blogging, right? Well, if that’s the case, then you’re at the right place. Hop in and explore guest blogging tips and best practices!
There are tons of blogs out there that will let you post your content on them. But guest blogging isn’t just about posting on any blog you can find. To find the right blog to guest post, you will need to consider the following things:
- Make sure that you’re presenting yourself to the right audience.
- Read the posts already published on the blog to check the quality. If the posts aren’t up to the mark, then the blog isn’t right for you.
- Make sure that the blog has enough traffic. And that the readers actually engage with the posts via commenting, sharing, etc.
Before you start writing or even pitching, for that matter, you should always have a clear goal in mind. You should know what you are writing to accomplish with the guest post.
To simplify the process, you should curate your guest post with the following goals in mind:
- Obtaining backlinks
- Reaching new audience and potential customers
- Building new connections and social networking
- Brand recognition
Crafting a perfect pitch
Before pitching, make sure to fully read and understand the guest post guidelines of the blog. Once you’re familiar with the guideline, directly contact the owner of the blog and ask for their permission.
Remember that the owner of a growing blog is busy. They don’t have time to read your long email, let alone reply to it. So, here’s what you should do:
- Keep your email short and to the point.
- Give a short intro about yourself and how you came to know about them.
- Present some of the topics that you’d like to guest post about.
- Briefly describe how your guest post will add value to their blog.
Writing | Bring your A Game
We all try to give our best when we are writing, right? But in guest blogging, you have to try harder. There can’t be any compromise on the quality. No blog would want to post something that could damage their reputation.
Avoid making grammatical mistakes, spelling errors, and writing filler count. Focus on adding value to the reader’s life!
Last but not least, follow up. It can be a game-changer because most people don’t do it. Once their guest post is published, they just move on, never to return.
Engage with the commentators, reply to their comments or emails and direct your social media traffic to that blog you posted on.
Guest blogging is a great way to make a name for your brand. You should employ guest blogging in your content marketing strategy. If done properly, it can help you build new connections, attract new readers, gain influence, etc.
By following the tips mentioned above, you can maximize your chances of reaping all the benefits of guest blogging. If you are planning on starting your own blog check out our website builder packages starting from £3.99 / month packed with all tools you need to successfully launch your own blog without any coding or web development skills.